12 hours a week, mainly cooking
Hi! I’m a former journalist who loves travel, socialising and the arts. At the moment I’m off work ill and pretty limited in what I can do, so looking for someone to provide the following help. This support is key for my recovery, so if you have the right skills, this is an opportunity to really make a difference in someone’s life!
• Meal planning and cooking – this is the main aspect of the job, and involves cooking varied meals from raw ingredients, for a specific diet
• Shopping for groceries and other items, online and/or from shops, and putting away groceries
• Support with household and domestic routines, including laundry, cleaning, emptying the bins and any other household tasks as required
• Doing any errands as required
• If you have a driving licence and car: driving if needed
• Providing other support as needed.
Excellent hygiene practices are essential, particularly in the light of the current virus situation.
A driving licence is not essential but would be an advantage. If you have a car that you would be willing to use if needed (with me obviously covering the cost of petrol), that would also be an advantage.
It would be ideal if cooking could be done at the PA's home and dropped off at mine, in order to limit social contact. I would of course cover the cost of the food and of gas/electricity for cooking.
The job is in Hove, very near the border with Brighton, and near the seafront.
I am high risk for Covid so at present it would be ideal to have a PA who does not have close contact with lots of other people (e.g. if you work in a shop that would not be ideal).
The work is normally in the late morning, and is usually on Mondays or Tuesdays, Fridays, and some Wednesdays.
If you enjoy cooking and feel that you would be ideal for this role, it would be great to hear from you!
Genders which may apply for this job – Any
Hours per week – Up to approx. 12 per week, on weekdays, ideally in the late morning
Hourly rate – £9
Area – Central Brighton, Hove
Driving licence required – No
Employer has pets – No
Employer is smoker – No
For your privacy and protection when applying for a job online:
- Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
- By applying for a job using this site you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the terms and conditions for use of this site.