Care support worker required for 18 year old female with autism
We're looking for committed, calm and patient female PA's for our 18-year-old daughter who has Autism with PDA traits. She has situational mutism due to high anxiety and often will only speak to close family and friends.
She has many passions and interests and attends a mainstream college four days a week, where she receives 1:1 support. Her interests include art and craft, music, musical theatre, transport, cooking and animals.
Key tasks will be to
• provide M with a supportive and nurturing environment whilst parents are working or taking a break from caring.
• Support M to access the local and wider community to participate in activities and attend appointments.
• Carry out light domestic duties
• To assist with planning a programme of daily leisure and social activities.
• To encourage M to be as independent at home and in the community as possible
• Occasional support with personal care
• Empathy and experience of working with neurodiverse people. A knowledge of PDA and strategies would also be very beneficial.
• a valid UK drivers license and access to a car is preferable
• Reliable and dependable
Genders which may apply for this job – Female
Hours per week – Upto 22 hours approx per week hours TBC
Hourly rate – £10ph
Area – Hove
Driving licence required – Yes
Employer has pets – Yes
Employer is smoker – No
Required care experience – Mental health, Personal care, Working with children
For your privacy and protection when applying for a job online:
- Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
- By applying for a job using this site you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the terms and conditions for use of this site.