Looking for a PA/carer
I'm a 30 year old with me/cfs, POTS, chronic pain and some anxiety issues. I have been bed bound since January 2018 due to worsening symptoms and need daily assistance to live my life. This includes help with personal care, food prep, organisation and some cleaning.
- Main days needed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 12-16 hours per week
- Shifts 11am-3pm
- Potential opportunity for cover work for other PAs
- In central-ish Brighton (near Coombe Road)
- £9.90hr + standard statutory holiday and sick pay (employed directly via Possability People)
- Able to start within the month preferable
- Ideally able to work longer term (12+ months) but I will consider people who are available for a minimum of 6 months.
More about me & the role:
My health and energy levels are variable from day to day but I have been pretty much house-bound for the last 3.5 years. Currently, as I am bed bound with very low energy levels, I need someone who can pick up on what to do and what I need without consistent verbal communica-tion. I can communicate a list of tasks via text or 'Wunderlist'. I am pansexual/bisexual so lgbtq+ applicants very much welcomed. I also eat meat and would need you to be comfortable cooking meat, fish and eggs and preparing food which meets the needs of my specific diet. Although I'm not so able to do these things currently I'm into crafts, feminist and queer politics, sci fi, tv and movies, drawing and similar.
In case of phobia and allergies: I live in a household which includes a large, friendly dog and do-mesticated rats who live in my housemate's room.
Genders which may apply for this job – Any
Hours per week – 12-16 hours per week
Hourly rate – £9.90
Area – Central Brighton
Driving licence required – No
Employer has pets – Yes
Employer is smoker – No
For your privacy and protection when applying for a job online:
- Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
- By applying for a job using this site you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the terms and conditions for use of this site.