Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
Job Title: Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
Purpose of the post:
To enable me to enjoy as independent life as possible at home, socializing and at work
I am an easy going, friendly person, I am multi-disabled, blind, wheelchair user, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. I want to enjoy my life and you can help. I enjoy talking, reading, socializing, talking (again) learning new skills (currently learning to play the keyboard and Braille music) and have I mentioned I like to talk?
Hours of work:
Flexibility is essential; However, I require the following basic hours:
A PCA to work one or two days per week
Bank staff also needed
Other shifts also becoming available soon including 24-hour shifts
Pay and holiday:
PCA’s will be paid at a rate of £11.30 per hour gross weekday.
PCA’s will be paid at a rate of £12.30 per hour gross weekend and evening shifts.
PCA’s will be paid at a rate of £92 per sleeping night shift.
if PCA's are woken during a night shift they will be paid at an hourly rate of £12.30 per hour for the remainder of the night
PCA's will be paid at a rate of £229.60 for 24-hour period.
Other shifts available come and talk to me to see what works for you?
PCA’s will be entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year, pro rata.
Typical tasks might include:
• Intimate care needs
• Washing & Dressing
• Catheter Care
• Stoma Care (training will be provided)
• Hoisting in & out of bed
• PEG feeding & medication
• Managing Diabetes
• housework, including laundry.
• Accompanying me on walks
• Accompanying me to the library
• Assisting me to go shopping.
• Assistance to meet up with friends.
• Assistance to attend appointments.
• Enabling me to care for my guide dog.
• Enabling me to work
This job description is not exhaustive, and PCA’s will be expected to carry out any reasonable duties required by the employer.
• Must be female (a Genuine Occupational Qualification exists under the Sex Discrimination Act)
• Must be comfortable having dogs around
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Must have a flexible approach to the work.
• Must be willing to muck in.
• Hold a clean current driving license and having driven recently.
• Experience of caring for disabled people
• Experience of Manual handling
Don't worry if you do not have the relevant skills or knowledge as full training will be provided. Many of my carers had not done care work before working for me
Genders which may apply for this job – Female
Hours per week – 8 hours per day
Hourly rate – 12.30
Area – Brighton North
Driving licence required – Yes
Employer has pets – Yes
Employer is smoker – No
For your privacy and protection when applying for a job online:
- Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
- By applying for a job using this site you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the terms and conditions for use of this site.